Friday, December 6, 2013

Round Robin 2010 Finished.

Back in 2010 I joined in a round robin journey.  With the help of my Tuesday sewing girls, I learnt so much about putting borders on different size quilts, as they arrived through out the year.




I hung the quilt top on my wall for about 8 months as I wasn't sure how to quilt it. By letting the quilt top talk to me, I was able to decide how to quilt.

Also I was waiting for the Spotlight voucher, spend $100 and get $40.00 off. So love those vouchers.





Very happy actually I am stoked with how I quilted it. First time I haven't just either stippled a quilt or stitched in the ditch. I'm getting smarter..... no I think just braver......lol.




A plain label that records the year and who did what border. Is your name there?




I tend to put two fabrics together and have them off centre. I just like the look of it.




How awesome if the front of my quilt? I love every border. Marg blew me away  with her border. As she traced my centre applique. I love the colours and size of the quilt.

Come to think of it so do the cats, as they kept sitting on me yesterday as I finished off the binding.




Thank you all who have gifted me your time and passion helping me create a one off unique quilt. I am so proud and humbled at what we have achieved.




Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Heather said...

love the quilt Lucky, you have done a great job with the quilting - very imprest !

Pamela Davis said...

Hi Lucky!
Merry Christmas!!! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love, love the center block and your quilting is lovely!!

hugzzzzzzz