Sunday, November 17, 2013

Union Star Quilt

My nephew was married in December 2012 and for the last 12 months I have been sitting on a quilt that needs to be not only made, but it just needs to be started.

I keep wanting to put a days work into the quilt at a time, but I can't seem to get what I want. So I have decided that even a hour here and a few hours there, has to be further than what I have gotten in the last 11 months.



Amy and Ben gave me this quilting book a few years back for Christmas and the quilt pattern is from this book. If you haven't already twigged, I'm a real fan of American civil war reproduction fabric. Plus I was bought up on western movies on TV.





The said quilt I am going to make. I have a feeling this won't be the only time I make this quilt as I love stars.

Fabric I picked have all come from Hettie's Patch an amazing quilting shop here  in Adelaide. They were great with helping me pick the fabrics.



Blues



Reds



Shirting.

I still want to get another couple of colours but I can at least make a start on the quilt. Feels strange to have the fabrics out and handling them for the photos. After having it all sitting in its bag for so long, it feels weird to think its actually going to be part of my life for hopefully not all of next year.











Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Your fabrics all look lovely, I hope to see the finished quilt one day.