Tuesday, March 5, 2013

One Of Those Days


 Today has been a mixed day of good and bad.

On the good side, today Patrick and I have been married 30 years. We have seen so many changes in the last 30 years. Both of us are still happy to be "stuck" with each other and are looking forward to the next 30 years.

Now the not so good side of today.

I wanted to make a sampler block for the "Monthly Sampler Block" I have joined over on Our Craft Forum. After setting up the templates and cutting out the fabric, it all went down hill.

I checked the printing settings before I hit the print button. But the templates don't seem to match up size wise, the photo will explain it all.



The left strip comes up 2 inches short and is only 10 inches and not 12.5 inches, allowing for the 1/4 in seam allowance. The plain fabric isn't big enough to cover the square block and when the other triangles are added, on the seams for points, it comes up short.

Wasted fabric is annoying me more than the time spent this afternoon working on it.

The block is called Empire Star Block and I am sure its nothing I am doing wrong. Looking back on what I have made in the last 4 years I am 99% sure its nothing I am doing wrong. But there is still that doubt.

Tomorrow I will do a different block as there was 3 to choose from. Stay tuned.

On a brighter note. I finished off my flower for our Let's Get Stitched get together this weekend.





I've added my own touch to the design that was sent to me. Many thanks girls for sending the fabric for this little flower. Looking at the flower gives me a good feeling.

On Friday while we're doing our bus tour to 5 quilt shops, we'll all look pretty with our flowers. Then on Sunday its a workshop.

I'm going to meet so many wonderful quilters, who I have known through the magic of the internet for the last 4 years. That is going to be so special.

Taking my camera with me too.











Technorati technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I love making pretty flowers too.
I hope your trip is awesome.