Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lets Get Stitched 2013 Part 1


 On the 8th if this month I had the pleasure of spending the day with some awesome quilting sisters. We had a bus hop to 3 quilting shops and 2 hours spent up in the Adelaide Hills around lunch time.



I met up with the girls at Hettie's Patch. Boy that is one beautiful quilt shop. I'm a fairly regular shopper here.




 Behind the girls was a table with morning tea on it. After drooling over all the fabrics and notions, it was nice to have a cuppa, before we headed up into the Adelaide Hills.

We had lunch at Hahndorf and I had a kransky in pastry with chips and salad. When Pat is well enough, I want to take him there for a lunch.

There was this beautiful shop in Hahndorf and it was all about lavender. So many pretty goodies in the window, beautiful tea towels with lavender pics on them.

I had to sit outside of this shop while the girls went in for a look. I am allergic to lavender. I get migraines and start to vomit. Dawn who saw me sitting there gave me a little prize for not being able to go into this pretty shop.





Two fat 8'ths, I'm thinking a pretty zipper bag or a pin cushion. Thinking...................


Back on the bus and off to another quilting shop. Darn I can't find the card to tell you the name of it. Story of my life, always misplacing things around the house.

Then it  was off to Trisha's quilting shop down near Castle Plaza. It was great to go back to this shop. It was my second time  visiting this shop.



These are the fabrics I bought on the bus quilt shop hop. I am going to use them in my mystery  sampler quilt I am doing this year. I bought 1/4 a metre of each.





There was a charm pack game that night and I took a Christmas charm pack and I went home with a "Whimsy" charm pack....good trade I say....lol.

Part 2 will be of the workshop day that was held on the Sunday.











Technorati technorati tags: , ,

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Your fabrics are lovely, they have an 'old fashioned' feel to them (I mean look).... I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time on the bus trip Lucky. Love the fabric. Cheers, Janette :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun on the bus trip Lucky. Love the fabric. Cheers, Janette :)

Sandi said...

Glad you had a great time...the shops look devine...if I am not mistaken, one of our Tuesday Girls is in one of the photos - Teresa...

Larissa said...

Was a lovely time!!! Did you have to show that pic of me though, lol! Boy, that must've been one tough decision *giggle* ... The second place we went to was Cotton Stitches - the physical shop of the owner of Patchwork-online :) ... Great to see you again Lucky!!