Friday, January 4, 2013

More On The Quilters Carry All

 Another very hot day here and this morning Pat gave me a fright.  I was in one of the front rooms on the phone and when finished, I found him on the floor in the kitchen. He was bending over and this triggered an asthma attack.

Long story short he's okay and has been resting all day. While Pat rested I continued working on the bag and keeping an eye on him at the same time.

 




Really pleased how much I have gotten done with the quilter's carry all bag today. Next step today was pinning and hand sewing the pockets to the front and back of the bag.

This was done keeping Pat company watching Jaws on DVD.  Yes the water did help to keep me cooler...lol




Next to be done was drawing the lines I needed to use and sew the two "T" pieces together.




Starting to look like a bag. 

Just want to say a big thank you to my sister Deb, who helped me out with the directions when I was having a blond moment. Never talked to her so much as what I have the last 2 days.






Abby checking out the bag while I was taking photos.






Can't believe the appliqued pockets are now on the bag and not hanging on a coat hanger in my sewing room. That 6 coat hanger rule works well, as I am not sure I'd be this far if I didn't keep the pockets "in my face" on the wall.





All that is left to be done on my quilting bag is the binding and the two smaller pockets sewn on each end. Not sure if I'll do this or make a start after tea tonight or put my feet up and rest on my laurels.

I do hope your keeping cool if in the heatwave areas.














Technorati technorati tags:

4 comments:

Domac said...

Wow, wow, wow - Leanne, I bet you're are so pleased with yourself - that's a great bag! :-)

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Looks absolutely wonderful Lucky.

secondhandrose said...

Your bag looks fab!
Good luck for 2013.

Liz said...

the bag is turning out really well. Is that a free pattern? hope Pat is doing well. Stay safe and cool in this weather.