Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sisterly Secret Santa Swap 2012

I have been wanting to show you what I have made for our Sisterly Secret Santa swap for weeks now. Finally I can show you.

My sisters Susan and Debbie and our sister in law Sally picked out an envelope with someone's name in it, on the day we got together to make dad's quilt back in May. Wow so long ago.

My pick was my older sister Sue and I just knew what sort of fabric I would use. Just needed to find what would suit and so the search was on.






I love these little baskets. Often we can always use a couple in the house. My friend lent me the pin cushion pattern.




I am so proud to say the pin cushion is made by hand, no machine sewing at all. Very proud of the points as well.

Sue loves William Morris and Michelle Hill, how could I not make Sue something in those fabric ranges.

My sister in law Sally picked my name out. Before I show you what I was given I must tell you a bit about the giving side.

Us 4 girls long with Debbie's daughter and granddaughter went to the quilting fair here in Adelaide on Friday. We then met up with a pile of our kids and grandchildren for tea that night.

We exchanged our gifts after ordering our meals. We then started to open them. Mine opened last as Sally stuck it down so well with tape....lol. Sally knows I'd be tempted to look if they were to be opened on Christmas Day.



It's stunning and I so love the wall hanging. The tape measure fabric is awesome and I just love the whole look about it. I have it hanging in the lounge room on a skirt coat-hanger until I can get a proper hanger. I see it when I first walk in the room, coming in from outside.



Close up of the poem. All hand stitched and beautifully done too.

Thanks so much Sally, love the wall hanger so much.


Really glad we opened them on the night as a family, rather than scattered over the km's on Christmas day.


We also pulled out a fresh envelope for next  and I so can't wait to start making my Secret Santa for 2013.








No comments: