Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Book Of Love




At the Quilting Fair this month I fell in love with this cute little pattern from Kids Quilts called Crinkly Critters.

Its a soft cloth book.




 I thought this would make a lovely little first Christmas gift for River. The snail page has some florist cellophane inside to make a crinkly sound as River holds it.






Also the dragonfly has some cellophane in it as well.

I machine appliqued  the animals.



Used 2 threads of black DMC for the hand stitching. Also the fabrics I used was Shadow Play by Maywood.





I changed a couple of things, to give it my own little stamp on the book.












Technorati technorati tags: ,

4 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Wonderful!!! Little River will very soon enjoy turning the pages and listening to the crinkles as Nana tells her about the pictures:)

Sandi said...

Great book, I'm sure River will love it...ps..I love shadowplay, it's one of my favourite ranges..
Hope you have a great christmas..

Pip said...

Yay, you finished, it didn't seem to take you too long. The book is just lovely, I'm sure it will be getting a lot of use before too long.

Liz said...

What a special book. I am sure River will love it.