Sunday, June 17, 2012

So Far This Year.



As we go into the last two weeks of June, its hard to believe that 6 months of this year has gone by us with such speed. So I thought today's post would be about what I have achieved and what is still to be completed this year.

I joking said it was going to be called "2012 the year of the quilts". And my goodness the first 6 months has just been that.

  • Three senior quilts were made and even though one was sent to Pa in Sydney,  the other 2 were given to a couple of very deserving people around my area through my church.
  • With the help of my 2 sisters and sister-in-law we made a quilt for my dad's birthday back in May.
  • There is a good system in place for my Dear Jane & Farmer's Wife quilt. Having the 3rd week of each month dedicated to them seems to be working. This week is the 3rd week of June, so you know what I'll be doing.:)
  • Started a Christmas quilt gift for Ben's parents.
  • Half the blocks are done with James & Tamara's quilt we are giving to them for a wedding gift. Never mind I was asked for a quilt the week before their wedding...lol.
Plus there has been some other items made through out these months.

Now for the last six months and I am sure they are going to rush by just as quick. What do I have planned for the next 6 months?
  • After shearing if finished where Deb lives, we're getting back into our "Breast of Friends" quilt we are going between us.
  • I'll get Tony & Ann's Christmas quilt finished (5 blocks have already been made).
  • Amy & Ben's quilt (hoping to make them a sampler quilt as well for Christmas).
  • Finish off James & Tamara's quilt. 
  • Pat's nephew in Melbourne is getting married in December and I am making them a quilt and this will be done in civil war reproduction fabrics as they both have majored in Uni to do with history.
  • Baby quilt for little "porkchop" who will be our second grandchild, due in Nov.
  • Finish off Cooper's animal applique quilt.
  • I'm in Khris' Friendship Swap again this year too.
If you look in the photo above you can see the first block of "Bluebirds & Blueberries". I have 5 weeks to complete the block, before we start the next block. A lovely friend is letting us borrow her pattern of this quilt. Some of us Tuesday girls are making it. Thank goodness I know how to do needle turn as we can't photocopy the pattern or have someone teach us how to make the blocks. We are respecting the copyright laws.

So as you can see its a full on 6 months ahead. I have a plan on what I am doing first or last. The sampler blocks are very easy and quick to make. I just have to stay on track and pace myself and I'll be fine.

Helps having a sewing room as I can leave and return and not have to pack up. The two days a week we have Cooper (Monday & Thursday) is not a problem. This week I'll prepare blocks while Cooper is here and sew them up in the evening.

Might not be a bad idea to write the above list on my white board.




Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,



3 comments:

Maria said...

You are doing really well working through your list.
Hope you get all finished in the second half of the year.
Congratulations on the arrival of "porkchops"

Chris H said...

You are going great!
Wish I could say the same.
But I don't think I've actually finished A SINGLE THING this year so far!

barb's creations said...

WOW you have been busy,but being organised certainly helps get things done...good luck with the net 6 months of projects lined up :) Barb.