Friday, June 8, 2012

A Get Well Gift..... To Myself

Wednesday this week I went into hospital for the day and had an angiogram. While on the table with the doctor  peeking at my heart, he told me...... no blockages and all looks good.

YAY!!!!!

I go back to see my cardiologist first week of July to get the whole results and see where we go from there.

Today I needed  to go to Hettie's Patch for some more Bella Solids fabric for James & Tamara's quilt I am making. Seems such a long time since I was last working on their quilt.




While there I also bought myself some get well fabric. This I see is a very important part of my healing. Having someone sticking a tube up one's groin (even if I did get to see my heart pumping on a screen, that was so cool) and nurses then looking under the sheet and me with no knickers on.

I thought some fabric would help me over come the day. Let me tell you it sure has worked for me....lol

I don't have a lot of what I call soft fabrics in my stash. Tending towards the stronger colours and so I was happy picking some soft fabrics for a change. I have a vision of a soft quilt with lots of applique on it.

Pat was happy to give their cat "Bob" a pat and cuddle while I ooohhh and aaarrred over Hettie's beautiful fabric collection.

Today's shopping was 2 metres of the Bella Solids and then a 1/4 metre of each of the above fabrics.

Gotta love retail therapy:)

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

Pip said...

Good to hear that there are no blockages Lucky, enjoy your get well fabric gift. There are some lovely fabrics in at Hetties at the moment.