Saturday, May 5, 2012

Binding All Finished






 Finally I have one of the two Senior Quilts I have been working on, finished.

I was starting to wonder if I was going to ever get this completed, before winter arrived.





 I am so thrilled with the end result and that those donated 3 inch blocks, weren't just put at the back of a cupboard and forgotten about.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully have the bonding on the second quilt sewn on and start the binding by hand tomorrow night.





 I picked a label out with a pretty saying on it. I wasn't sure what to write myself and thought "keep it simple". The person who receives this quilt, will have their name written onto the label.

I hope your day has been as rewarding as mine.



Technorati technorati tags: , ,




5 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Wow Lucky!!! Your completed quilt is wonderful. I envy the recipient who will feel truly loved! I would never have thought of using that colour for the inside borders but it is soooo effective.

Maria said...

The quilt looks great, like the label. I am sure it will make someone very happy..
Great job..

barb's creations said...

Well done Leanne,what a beautiful,thoughtful gift this will be for someone.Do you need anymore squares?? :) Barb.

Margarita said...

That give away quilt has turned out lovely Leanne, So bright and cheerful, I like your label too, Where did you find that?

bluegreen said...

someone is going to feel very special and loved when they sit with their beautiful quilt on their lap :)