Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cracking That Jelly Roll



Oh my darling, oh my darling,
Oh my darling, Clementine!

So you've cracked that jelly roll, its been hiding in your stash for an unmentionable amount of time.

Gone are those days of sneaking into your stash where petting and fondling the jelly roll is done in secret.

You've ironed it and separated those drool factor strips of fabric........

How do you separate those strips?

By
  • colour
  • print size
  • pattern

I'd love to know how you split up the 42 strips when getting ready to turn the jelly roll into a quilt.

I'm making a sampler quilt as a gift for a couple. Its their Christmas present for this year.

Me I am not sure how I am going to separate the roll. Thinking I'll look at the block and pick the fabric for that block. Guess you can call it swinging.





Technorati technorati tags: ,

3 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

That's a tough question to answer - it really depends on the pattern. Sometimes I sort by color but mostly I sort the strips by gradations of light/medium/dark and go from there. I just LOVE the variety a Jelly roll has to offer.

Chris H said...

OOO that is so pretty.
I've never had a jelly roll!
Maybe some day soon I will buy me one.

Karen's Korner said...

I am sure whichever way you decide to go the quilt will be lovely. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.