Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For Amy

Finally I have finished a table topper for Amy. I was thrilled when she asked me to make one.


There is insabrite (not sure on the spelling) confused between the layers. Amy wanted something nicer than a tea towel for when she places a hot dish on the table.

Mum to the rescue and I so hope she likes the fabrics I picked.

Yesterday we were out and about and happened to pass Hettie's Patch and this was just so tempting. Tempted I was and look what I bought myself.




Nothing like a get well gift to one's self. When Pat was in hospital last year I bought him 1 jelly roll and 2 charm packs....lol.

This time it was 1 metre of fabric from Little Gatherings, to be used as a background fabric in this quilt top.





The other fabric was .5 of a metre from the clearance area. Bought that because I wanted it. :)

Sure made me feel good buying myself a get well gift.

I'm going to use scrap fabric from the scrap bin box for the applique parts.

Its lovely to be back sewing again. Just need to get myself back into a routine and then its full steam ahead.





Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's a very nice table topper that you made!

wackywoman said...

It's good to see you back to sewing and know that you are feeling better.