Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Senior's Quilt Finished.

I am so excited to be able to say the first of the senior's quilt is finished as of about 20 minutes ago.

Can't wait to give this quilt to a well deserving member of our country.

Lets take a look at the quilt before I tell you where its going.




I decided to go with a nine patch block and thought a good size was to make ...nine blocks.




Back a while ago I won a spool of variegated King Tut tread on a blog give away. I thought this would look lovely used on all the multi coloured blocks.




Just love how the tread has come up on the blocks.

This quilt has a special place in my heart as I am sending it to Sydney for Pa's 90th birthday on the 4th March. Pa lives in a little unit a street over from his daughter and her family.

Pa has been such a lovely/wonderful father in law to me for 29 years now. Remember he bought me my sewing cabinet when he came across for Amy & Ben's wedding.

I can't think of a more deserving person for this quilt to be given too.




Label on the back of the quilt. Tomorrow the quilt will be posted off to Pa and I know he'll love using it on those cool days and evening listening to the TV.

My next project is three 12 inch sampler blocks. Its a surprise and I am not saying anything else as I don't want to get back to the person it's for.

Once these are made, I'll start the second senior's quilt.

Rubs hands together... I am so excited about this project.


Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous quilt, he is going to love it!

Maria said...

what a beautiful quilt for "Pa" I am sure he will love it.Gorgeous label

Ondrea said...

Leanne, that is a lovely quilt and made with a load of love.