Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

Happy New Year to my readers, I so hope you are having a cooler start to the year than us. The temp has gone just above the 40 degree mark. Thank goodness for the a/c inside and frozen milk bottles for my bunny "Buddy".

While out giving the chooks & ducks fresh cool water I sprayed water on the soil that was in the shade. When I finished checking the animals, the chooks were sitting in the wet soil and the ducks were in their pond splashing around.

Amy, Ben & Cooper came over for lunch and they left about 2.30 as it was getting time for Coop's afternoon nap. Both Poppy & Nanny then had a lay down and a little nap as lack of sleep last night and the hot weather takes it's toll on us both.





Finally after about 4 months, I have opened and had a look at the Farmer's Wife CD. Very excited that I held off like I had planed.

Tomorrow I'll bring the sewing machine out and make a couple of blocks to kick start me off. Another hot day is forecast for tomorrow.

I'm going to loose my sewing room this Wednesday for a week or 2. Pat's dad is coming over for a visit, as our son James is getting married this coming weekend.

I think I'll be doing more stitchery work than sewing while Pa is here. So glad I am under no pressure with Christmas gifts and such.





Technorati technorati tags: , ,

4 comments:

Donna said...

A wedding is a great way to start off a new year. Enjoy.

Stitchin' time said...

We haven't had a 'real' summer day here yet though it did reach 32 yesterday but we haven't nicknamed the farm 'windy hill' for nothing! Glad you enjoyed the excitement of a new project without the burden of needing to finish other projects hovering over you. Looking forward to seeing pics of your stitcheries and hope Pa enjoys his stay.
Best wishes to the future groom and his new partner!
Cheers,
Robyn

Chris H said...

I hope your son's wedding goes well. Enjoy the visit from 'Pa' too. *smiles*

Shirlwin said...

Hello FWQ!!!