Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Great Start To 2012

My goodness its not even a fortnight into this new year and so much has happened in my life.






Last Saturday my son James married his Tamara. I couldn't get over how handsome he looked standing at the alter. Tamara made a beautiful bride.



It was a small wedding and the storms in Adelaide didn't affect us at all.

Both Pat & I just love our new daughter. Tamara spoils and adores James and what more could a parent wish for.



Little Cooper was the ring bearer and his mum carried him holding a cushion with the rings on it, up to his Uncle James and his best man Ryan who have been close buddies since grade 3.


Pa has been here for a week now and Pat and I are just enjoying his company so much. My dad & step mum couldn't make the wedding as my dad was in hospital. He's home now and feeling much better.




Both Pa and I love the thrift shops and look what Pa bought me. There are 6 cup and saucers, 4 soup bowls, 2 side plates and 2 entree plates.

I already have a little milk jug that matches in the house.

Pa lives in a bedsit in walking distance from his daughter in Sydney. He loves the place mats I use on our table. Pa loves the idea of being able to just throw them in the washing machine when they need cleaning.

He asked me to make a couple for him. How could I not make them as he's just a lovely man and I am proud to say this coming March he will have been my father in law for 29 year.




Pa is a proud Irishman and last year he went back to Ireland for 3 weeks with his daughter. So when Pa asked for a shamrock on the place mat I was only too happy to do this for him.

I practiced using my blanket stitch on my sewing machine. I thought a small item would be easy to use and move about on my machine.




I bought some stencils with the gift card James & Tamara gave me for Christmas. I used one of the stencils on the place mats. Using free motion to quilt I was rather impressed with the look of it. Not too wonky and was able to follow the fines okay.

Later on when I make some quilts I will use the stencils on the last border. I'll have the quilting part down pack, by the time I finish using the stencils on those quilts.

Hey I wonder what the last 2 weeks of January 2012 will bring me? LOL



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Maria said...

Your son and his bride look gorgeous and I wish them many years of happiness.

How cute is Cooper sitting high on the pile of chairs.

Enjoy your visit with Pa.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

You have got off to a great start for the year, Lucky. Your new DIL looked beautiful, great pics of a very handsome, happy couple. Pa sounds like a really lovely man, I bet he just loves spending some time with you and Pat. :)

Chris H said...

What a lovely looking couple.. I can see why you are so proud of your son.