Monday, January 2, 2012

At Last, I Have Started.

I am so excited as after all these months, I was able to make a start on the Farmer's Wife blocks.

After looking at the book on and off these last 4 months I had time to think about how I would go about making them.

Already I have a lovely selection of civil war reproduction fabrics.

Instead of just showing you the blocks finished, I have added a few photos on how I went about getting the blocks made. This info was on the CD and it was worth the read.



I knew having the cats would come in handy one day, lol. These templates when finished with today, went into a zip lock bag. The templates will be used over and over for different blocks.




Love my sewline pencil as it has a white and a lead pencil for tracing around templates.



Can't go past a small rotary cutting mat and this one was bought specially for template cutting. They can be found at Spotlight.

Now my first two blocks. Like Dear Jane I am going to make the blocks in order. That way I don't make all the easy ones first. Plus I can work the fabrics colours to flow better.



Block 1.
Attic Windows.




Block 2.
Autumn Tints.


This is going to be so addictive and I loved working with the templates.




Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

barb's creations said...

Well done Leanne,lovely first blocks.Sounds like you're going to have a ball working on this one :) Barb.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Lovely blocks, Lucky. :)
You had me a bit worried there when I first saw the picture of your templates- thought you were snacking on the kitty's food as you worked! LOL.