Thursday, December 1, 2011

Secret Santa Presents

Yesterday we had our Christmas luncheon at Dawn's place for the Tuesday sewing group. We all added something for the meal and we had a lovely hot Christmas lunch followed with Christmas pudding with custard and cream.

We played some games and shared good wishes and lots of hugs. Also some of us said goodbye to Khris as she's not long off moving back to Queensland.

Secret Santa was a big item of the day. As we had all year to make a gift for our secret Santa recipient.



Mine was to Dawn and I love cushions and making cushions. I picked out one of Dawn's favourite Moda fabrics "Ruby". I made a zipper bag with the left over fabric scraps. But that photo is too blurry for posting here.




Judy made my gift and its just so beautiful, that I started to cry. I so love stitchery blocks and to know how many hours Judy would have put into this wall hanger, was over whelming.

Look at those adorable blocks, chickens, vegies, house, cats, scarecrow and an angel. They are stitched so fine and delicately, fabric used was Verna by Moda.

Thank you so much Judy. The wall hanger is now hanging on my lounge room wall.

Tomorrow I will post photos (I think about 9) of my Christmas swap gifts from Anna. I was so spoilt, they wouldn't fit into a photo. A little hint..... the box weighed 4.5 kilo.



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

6 comments:

Michell said...

Love the cushion and absolutely love the stitchery. You are both a talented and lucky gal

Susan said...

Such beautiful gifts! You're a bunch of very lucky and talented ladies! I especially like the cushion. The colors are so pretty!

Chris H said...

The cushion is GORGEOUS, and as you said, the wall hanging is just amazing. You are very lucky !

Maria said...

You all had a great time sharing chatter,food and beautiful gifts.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Lovely cushion Lucky, I love Ruby and Bliss! :)
Wow that wallhanging is abfab- who's a lucky Lucky, then?-lol.
Look forward to seeing your other goodies, too. Sandy.

wackywoman said...

You lucky girls!