Sunday, October 2, 2011

Table Runner



Goodness 2 show and tells in 1 day.....must be something in the water...lol.

Today has been such a lovely spring day and I have taken advantage of this with some gardening and sitting outside hand sewing the binding on my latest table runner.

Thrilled with the points on my blocks and I just so love star block. Maybe if you leave a comment, you can also tell me (us) what your favourite block styles are.

I have used some of a charm pack called "Recipe For Friendship" by Mary Engelbreit for Moda.

With the left over charms I am thinking of making some new place mats for when we have guests here for a meal. There is a yard of another one of Mary Engelbreit's fabric is my stash. I will have to put my thinking cap on.

Won't be using the table runner until I have shown it to the girls on Tuesday. Last thing I need is a furry table runner on show as I know one cat will just have to have a sleep on it one night.

So until Tuesday my lovely new table runner is hanging on the wall by a coat hanger. In the last week or just over it, I have finished a quilt top, table runner and Deb's swap.....amazing what one can achieve when not on the computer.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely table runner. Your star points look great. Happy quilting.

Maria said...

Love your table runner.
I have several favorite blocks. Stars, DPNpatch and log cabin.
etc.

Chris H said...

That is a really lovely table runner girl. I love heaps of blocks, some of the more complicated ones really take my fancy though! I love doing them and TRYING really hard to not chop off the points!

Susan said...

Oh! Your table runner is just beautiful! I love stars!