Monday, October 31, 2011

A Friend In Deed.

On my last post I showed you how I ran out of fabric for the binding. I am so glad I posted this as my friend Dawn over on As Sweet As Cinnamon rang me with a fantastic idea. I have seen this done on other quilts, but never thought to do it myself.




I used 2 different fabrics for the binding. How easy was that?? The "Golden Rod" Bella solid I used for the little 1/2 border saved the day.





First time I have quilted a quilt using 2 different styles.



Backing on the quilt is a polar fleece. It was very soft against my legs at Khris of Sew Prim Khris yesterday as I was finishing the binding. It will be lovely and soft against a little boys skin when he lays under it watching a DVD or having a nap.

This week I'll have the little baby girl quilt all ready to have the binding finished off at Khris' next Sunday. One thing I have learnt is, if the quilt is a gift .............. no share with the cats...lol. As soon as I start binding a quilt at home...the cats sooooooooooooo love to help.

When I was helping with the binding on the Queensland quilts early this year, I was shutting myself off in the lounge room.


Technorati technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Donna said...

I so love "fixes" which are so creative one would never know the "fix" was not the intent. Your baby quilt is great!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

It looks beaut, Lucky! :)