Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bugger!!

I was wondering what to call this post.

  • aaawww crap!!!
  • Missed it by that much! In my best Maxwell Smart voice.
  • Bloody hell Lucky!!!!

But I decided on just plain old "Bugger"

Sorted out the binding on the little baby boys quilt and pinned to the quilt. Saying to Pat as I was making the binding and ironing it..."I don't think I'll have enough for the binding". I had 1/4 metre and thought this would be enough.

Sure enough I was right...not enough, check out the photo below.





Pat has offered to drive me to the quilting shop where I bought the Max & Whiskers to buy a minimum amount to finish the binding off. But I said to him with the price of fuel now a days, it can wait until we are in that area again.

I'm thinking payday we'll need to do the food shop and we can do both in the same place and make the trip more worth while.

So its back to Christmas presents as we all know what day they are opened. Just hope the baby doesn't make a surprise appearance before his/her due date in December.




Thought I'd show you where the quilt is at the moment. I washed the bed spread yesterday and forgot to hang it out. Just need that bit extra on the bed last night.

Got me thinking about making a quilt for the bed. I'd love one make up in a French General range...Rouenneries Deux. I have 2 charm packs on order and I was thinking a couple of layer cakes would do the trick.




What do you think???

Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,


3 comments:

Chris H said...

How bloody typical not to have enough fabric to finish the binding!

Grrrr.... it's going to be beautiful once finished though.

I take it 'layer cakes' are not for eating? lol

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Bugger!- exactly Lucky, so frustrating. I was thinking " wouldn't that tear the fork out of your nightie-LOL) At least it's not fabric you had for ages and can't get any more!
I LOVE French General, and have been drooling, er, admiring that particular range myself. :) Sandy.

Karen's Korner said...

There is no other way to describe it but how you have - I feel your frustration.