Saturday, September 10, 2011

Max & Whiskers Quilt Top


Last couple of days I have been working on the quilt top for my niece's baby, due mid December. Matt & Jo don't want to know the sex of their little bundle, so I am playing it safe and making 2 baby quilts.

This one is Max & Whiskers by Moda (of course) hehehehe. If they have a little boy, I'll give them this quilt.

I used 35 charm squares and "Bleached White" colour number 9900-97 (Moda solids) for the sashing. The little 1 inch border is "Golden Rod" colour number "81" (Moda solids) and the 5 inch border is one of the Max & Whiskers range.

All the fabric is cut for the little girl quilt. I didn't have a charm pack of Birdie, so I spent an while cutting 5 in squares. Yes I find cutting fabric relaxing, do you?? At some stage soon I'll start piecing this quilt top together.

Then I need to buy some more wadding (good old 20% at Spotty) and I was thinking a baby flannel for the backing...so its soft against the baby.

I'll be all set for when bub arrives.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

creativedawn said...

Wow! You are busy,eh. That is a good looking quilt and perfect for a little boy! Great job!

hugz

Maria said...

Great idea to have two quilts ready.
Love the Charm square idea and I don't mind cutting at all.

wackywoman said...

I love it Leanne, for a boy or a girl. It is just a great quilt.

Chris H said...

Could you not have made a quilt that would suit a girl or boy?
Either way, the wee boy quilt is gorgeous.
I don't find cutting relaxing! Glad you do though.

sandra said...

looking really good Leanne. And I'm sure you'll find another baby somewhere to give the left over one to.

Shirlwin said...

The quilt has turned out beautifully! As for cutting ... I don't mind it at all as it gives a sense of satisfaction that the project is on its way. Flannel is such a comfortable backing:) Looking forward to seeing the 'girl quilt'.