Thursday, July 7, 2011

Remembering One's Self

With the help of the internet we are able through forums and groups know who is is doing what and who is healthy and who isn't.

Its a bit like this here in my house. Patrick has come down with a very nasty flu and isn't doing a lot except sleeping and feeling like someone ran over him in a truck.

So I am 95% flat out these last few days, including a trip to the doctors, chemist and a place behind the medical clinic where they took a swab from up inside his nose.

Made Pat some of my wonderful chicken and vegie soup for his lunch, clean the wet areas and washed floors. Also striped our bed and washed the sweat soaked sheets. Even the cats aren't sleeping with him at night, Millie refuses to sleep down by his feet between the sheets.

One thing I have learnt is not only the sick person needs to be cared for, so does the carer. And that is me.

So this afternoon I decided after putting my feet up and watching Days Of Our Lives....yeah I know. But I did get a bit of stitchery done, so I can be forgiven....lol.



I also thought while watching "Drips" I should treat myself to... lovely light hot sweet scones fresh from my oven, cup of tea in my Mother's Day cup set and a browse through this months Homespun magazine.

So worth the look too, as I have fallen in love with a Christmas wall hanging stitchery with cats being the theme.

If you like me, have someone sick that you are caring for be it full time or due to a bug of some kind . Don't be hard on yourself if there is housework screaming at you to be done...... just ignore it, as it'll still be there tomorrow and what do you know!!! The day after as well.

Remember to look after yourself as well as your loved ones.



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

5 comments:

bon008 said...

Very glad to hear you're managing to get some rest yourself - I hope Pat is feeling better soon :)

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Words of wisdom for sure, Lucky. If the carer gets sick as well, who looks after the carer???
Your scones look yummy and there is nothing nicer than having a new craft mag to read. :) Have you ever tried Lady Grey tea?- it is lovely and citrusy. :)

bluegreen said...

(((HUGS)))

Stitchin' time said...

Sending hugs and hoping you don't feel too drained to stop sewing. Had to laugh at you watching DOOL but whatever helps you 'veg out' is good :).
Wishing Pat a quick, and obviously as ache free as possible, recovery.
I think this feline has a similar problem to Pat
http://www.noob.us/entertainment/sleeping-cat-vs-annoying-bird/
and just can't be bothered.
Cheers,
Robyn

Liz said...

What would we do without a cuppa and a break.As for watching DOOL-at least you got stitching done.lol