Saturday, July 2, 2011

Busy Weekend

This morning I woke to the sound of rain on the roof. Love this sound and I can't think of a more beautiful noise to have in the background as I work on my quilt today.




Bit of a sneak look at how the borders are coming together.

Spent the last couple of days cutting up fabric into 5.5 x 2.5 inch blocks. I'm using up all the left over fabrics from the star blocks and some other material to make the final border.

Last night I put the small border on and 1 side of the final border. Due to the quilt growing in size, Pat had to stretch while holding it up for me to see how the border looked. Very happy with the look of the whole quilt.

Now I can continue with the other 3 sides. Hope to have the quilt top completed tonight.

This is the first big quilt I have worked on by myself and the only fabric I bought special for the quilt is the chocolate brown for the sashing and the backing fabric. Rest has come from my stash.

I have an idea of how I want to quilt it..... that'll be hashed over tomorrow at quilting. I want to know how I quilt the idea in my head, onto the quilt.

Well back to my quilt.





Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

wackywoman said...

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing Leanne.