Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pillow/Cushion Cover

When I start a new project I sometimes have to buy the "right" fabric for it. This can at times mean, buying it over a couple of fortnightly pays. This can take awhile as well at a quilting shop mixing and matching colours and patterns on the fabrics.

Pat is happy to just sit on a chair and let me do my "thing", which is nice as I know I don't have to rush and maybe regret one of my choices.



This is the cushion/pillow cover I want to make. When I saw it in a Quilter's Companion magazine I fell in love with it on sight.

Sewing technique is needle turn and I so love this style of hand sewing. I'm not going to rush this project, so if it takes me a few months, that is okay. Wanting to enjoy the whole idea of making and showing off this beautiful pillow/cushion when finished.

First trip to Hettie's Patch I bought my ivory background fabric, templates and any other notions I needed. The ivory fabric is on the left in the photo below. Its got a tiny swirl printed on the fabric, not sure if you can see it all that well in the photo.



Last pay I bought the fabric for the diamonds and flowers. Due to me being such a forgetful person and having a complete change of colours, I photo copied the picture and then fussy cut each piece. They were then pinned to the corresponding fabric, no reason for me to forget the placements of the colours now.


The bird fabric is Moda "Park Avenue" and a couple of the other fabrics are American Civil War reproductions. I bought a bit extra of them as the left over fabric can go in my "Gone With The Wind" quilt.

Fabric and pattern are in a clear bag, hanging off a coat hanger, ready for me to start.




Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

That is going to be a beautiful pillow cover!! Love all the fabrics you selected for it.
hugs Karen

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Lovely choice of fabrics, Lucky! That pillow is very pretty. I also love needleturn! :)