Saturday, June 11, 2011

Craft & Hobby Fair

This June long weekend is Salisbury Craft & Hobby Fair, its held each June long weekend. Best part is I can walk there as its only 5 minutes from my home.

Khris called in at about 1 pm and we walked around for a look.

Lots of lovely stalls full of all sorts of goodies. Ranging from scrap booking, quilting, beads, knitting, food and pottery to mention a few.

The fair is held in a recreation centre in 3 big sporting rooms. Outside there are show rides and hot food to tempt children and adults.

I was good this year, planned ahead and with my $20.00 off we went for a stroll.

Bought 2 fat 1/4s of fabric .


Just loved the colour and print of this one. I was going to forgo this fat 1/4 for





this one.

As I was looking for a piece to make stems with for an applique pillow cover. Print was smaller on the second piece and as you can see I came away with both. Not bad as I was going to buy a fat 1/4 of shadow play to start off with.

Also I picked up 100 quilting safety pins. I only used the pins with the bend in them a few weeks ago at Khris' place. Thought they were so much easier to use than the regular safety pins.

Very happy with my little bargains and can't wait to put the fabric into my stash and then use them when I am ready.




Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Lucky, love that green print FQ, it is very pretty.

creativedawn said...

I love your budget! thought I was the only one who does that! lol...

hugz

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

Ooh - I am off there today - thanks for the heads up ;-)

Kylie said...

I'll have to check it out next year. Sounds like you had a great time.