Friday, April 8, 2011

No Green Car

The other day I showed you block 6 of the Breast of Friends quilt and how I wasn't happy with the green car.

After unpicking the car and starting from scratch again, I am so happy with the results. Wheels on the car will be buttons rather than fabric.




I think it is an improvement on the other photo and look at my sewing machine. I though an old black singer machine and some pink thread would be the go.

Very pleased I was able to stitch the word "quilt" and to be able to read it as that word.

Not sure about the sign post yet. Going to leave this till last. I am thinking the needle turn maybe a bit on the small side for me to grasp and have look tidy.



Anyway happy with the end result. Thinking that as time goes by my needle turn will improve even more. Well that is the plan.

Now I have a date with making some scones for morning tea and then finish off my star cushion.

4 comments:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Good idea to use buttons for wheels, it will add a different texture as well. Needle turn does get better the more you do it :)

wackywoman said...

Very nice. Wish I could do stitchery,

Karen Mallory said...

Looks really cute! Love the combo of applique and embroidery!!
hugs Karen

creativedawn said...

Ooooo, it is so pretty!!! Buttons - a great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing it all done up...lol

hugzzz