Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fabulous Sunday

I had a fabulous Sunday sewing more star blocks together. Over at Khris' place I was able to spread the blocks out on her floor. No animals of any kind to run through them or fur on the floor.




At the start of the day I had 8 blocks completed. These had been made either on a previous day at Khris' or at home. Had some fun placing them in different spots and seeing how they looked.

Then I settled down and sewed another 4 blocks that I had cut up about seven days ago.



Now I have twelve blocks made and after chatting with Khris, Dawn and Terry I decided to make another 3 to match the bottom middle block. Can you see how the four 3.5 inch corner blocks are a different colour??

I cut another 3 blocks in that style but different colours and managed to get 2 of them sewn up. Haven't taken a photo of them yet.

Looking at having 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks down. We played with some of Khris' solid fabric for the sashing and the chocolate brown looks the best and brought the colours out in the block.

By this time I was the only one left at Khris' and it was time to head home.

I love my 2 days out with the girls. I get so much sewn be it stitchery blocks at Dawn's or machine sewn at Khris'.

On today's menu we had homemade pumpkin soup with hot bread rolls for lunch. Next weekend I'll take some of my famous sausage rolls to add towards our wonderful yummy lunches we always have there.

Guess you are wondering if I am going to make the Teddy's Garden Treasures quilt? Yes I am and guess what I am not keeping it.

Who is going to be receiving this quilt when its finished? You will have to wait until later in the week to find out....lol



Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

8 comments:

Samelia's Mum said...

It's going to be a gorgeous quilt. I look forward to seeing it finished.

I find I get less done when I sew with friends. Maybe it's because I spend too much time "talking" and not enough time "doing" :-)

Maria said...

Love your blocks and am looking forward to seeing them together.

Dawn said...

blocks look great... and ME...your gonna give it to me...LOL
Hugs Dawn x x

Donna said...

Your star blocks are very pretty. I will love seeing it finished. Happy quilting.

creativedawn said...

Your blocks are gorgeous...love that fabric! I'm excited to see the finish.

hugz
Pam

Karen Mallory said...

Looking good Lucky! So jealous of your sew days!! I am in a mini group, but when we get together we usually just talk and eat! LOL
hugs Karen

Kris said...

Looks like a great day! It's cool to have quilters to talk things through with, isn't it? Your sausage rolls sound interesting. I have never made any. You should take a photo of them and post a recipe next time you make them!

Jude said...

Looking good Lucky, can hardly wait to see it finished.