Monday, March 21, 2011

Seeing Stars



If you haven't already guessed...I love animals and am rather passionate about my cats. Free loading little buggers they are. mrgreen

I made the top 2 and the bottom left hand block at quilting yesterday. Amazing how much a person can get done outside their own environment.

Back years ago I made a crocheted blanket with left over scraps of wool from years of knitting jumpers. The rug is hung over the lounge as the cats tend to like laying there. This works as a lounge cover, as its easier to wash that than the fabric on the lounge.

Cats adore wool and they are just so cute when they sprawl out across the top of the lounge and sleep.

This then caused a problem, as when I want to use the blanket, do I want all their fur as well to keep me warm?? Their fur tends to work its way into the threads of the yarn.

One day I had this amazing idea wink and the quilt is now being made.

Blocks are about 12 inches square and I am looking at making 15 of them and seeing how big it is. Then I'll decide if it needs more before the border goes on.

Fabric I am using is from my stash and none is being bought for this project. The floral fabric I bought way back at the start in 2008 and its not getting picked for anything. So I thought they'd look nice as the stars and use other fabric for the background.

What I am hoping to learn from this journey?

  • Practice my points.
  • Working with colours
  • Thinking outside my box

What I am hoping the cats will learn?

  • That mummy loves them
  • Its not their quilt
  • If mummy wants to use it....that is ok and not to give her that hurt look


You're only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Chris H said...

LOL about your cats! My two dogs act the same way and love lying on my quilts too... and anything with my smell on it!

Donna said...

I feel quite comfortable that you will meet all of your personal goals on the quilting project. The cats, on the other hand, are a different story. They already know you love them. Sharing is a different matter - or it is for Ms Cha Cha. And the "hurt look" is specifically designed to keep you in line. The stars are lovely. You and the cats enjoy!

Quilt Kitty said...

I think the cats may think we are the ones free loading in their territory & that it only goes without saying that food, warm blankets & loving mums are provided on demand for them. That's my boys & I love them! Tracee xx

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

The points are looking pretty good on those stars. Our cat likes lying on the top of the couch as well, despite our constant discouragement of it, if I make something for him to lie on then he will have won the battle :) although a nice quilt like your making would look quite good.

Karen's Korner said...

Enjoy YOUR quilt when it is done and don't let those furballs give you any "attitude" when you snuggle up under it.