Saturday, March 26, 2011

Of Hexies & Dear Jane

Even though I have been sick I have taken advantage of the sitting round the house and catching up with some hexi making. These little guys are rather addictive and fun to make.




This pincushion only took me Thursday afternoon and evening to cut out, make the hexies and sew the top and bottom hexies together. Then yesterday at quilting I finished the pincushion off and now its ready to be used in my sewing room.

That cute little turtle I made the other week lives in the lounge room next to my chair. This one is going to be used for my quilting flat pins as they have a longer needle.

I used half a charm pack of "Buttercup" from Moda for the project.



Made these 2 hexies for Geniene in our flower hexi monthly swap. Just need now to get them into the mail.




These are the hexies I have been sent in the swap. I've started to join them together as I want to make a big quilt from them.

These 2 above projects were great little easy items to do while not well. I was for most of it, able to curl up in my chair and just resting and sewing them together.



Another Dear Jane block made. Hoping to have another 2 made by Tuesday. This block along with the pincushion were either made or completed over at my usual Friday haunt at Khris' place.

Something about getting a good days quilting done outside one's own environment and distractions.


You're only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Do those hexies hand sewn or do you do them on the machine......I do love the pincushion

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Lucky! That pincushion is sew cute! :)

Maria said...

What beautiful hexies.
Just love the pincushion. Did you have a pattern??? What size hexies do you do??