Thursday, March 10, 2011

BOMs & Other Stuff

As usual the beginning of the month is always dedicated to the BOMs or any swaps I am involved in.

With the quilts and HUGGLES safely delivered to their destination, its time to return to what I have sitting around my sewing room.

Must say I have three empty coat hangers on my wall. You know what this means...lol.

I can start some new projects, like a dilly bag I have so been wanting for ages. Also a quilters tote bag, loved that since I first saw them 2 years ago. A few people have said........"all that binding" but hey! After all those quilts I was binding, I should be a pro and will not bat an eyelid about that small amount of binding.

I have ordered some material from the USA for a baby quilt. My neighbour is due to have her baby on the 15th of this month. She's booked in as its a "C section" and its her second child. Once the fabric rocks up, I'll start a baby quilt with blocks with little baby ducks on it. Their little 3 year old loves my ducks and chooks out the back and thought this was a fitting quilt theme.

Start of the month is always exciting here as I love stitchery blocks and am doing a few.




Spotlight sent me a $10.00 voucher and I was kind enough to grace my presence at the local shop and I bought these 12 skeins and it cost me a whole 70 cents. Now I am gathering the whole idea of these vouchers is to get you in and you impulse buy.

Not this little quilter, I worked out at home how many skeins I could get for my $11 and that was it, no more and no less. Said to Pat I'll need to buy a new skein storage box next month as my two are just about full.





Swap almost finished being made. I have never seen a mug cosy before let alone made one. Terri my swap partner is like me and so we are both happy to have each other as swap partners. Just the matching coaster to go. Then its in the mail next week.




Dawn & Vicki's Out Of The Box BOM is finished for this month. Love the idea of choosing our little stitchery from a selection supplied each month.



On the Craft Forum is Dawn's mystery charm square BOM. Mine is from Moda called Bar Harbor .


This year we are treated with an extra block made from that months left over fabric made into a applique block. Not the best lighting but it gives you a look see at what I made.


Last is Chookie Blue's Stitch-A-Long.



Come Christmas time I'll have a lovely Christmas wall hanging for the lounge room. I decided to hop on the band wagon and join in with the stitch-a-long. Still 2 more to make for this month. These are great for night time as I love to curl up in front of the TV and do my hand sewing or stitchery works.

Oh and on the side bar I have the latest block of Life Is Beautiful finished as well.

Tomorrow is sewing at Khris's place and I am going at have a go at making a turtle pin cushion. That way if I run into problems, I'll have some willing helpers.

You can read an article about the quilts here and a blog about the HUGGLES here.

You're only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

You do lots of BOMS! I mean you actually make them and not just download the patterns. LOL
Kudos to you and all who worked on the huggles and quilts! Well done!
hugs Karen

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

You have been busy, I'm plugging away at the Stitch-a-long, I will finish my 3 blocks by the end of the month. The Life is Beautiful block is really lovely.

Maria said...

You have done lots of great work for folk so now it is nice for you to do aomething for yourself.
Enjoy!!

Quilt Kitty said...

Your busy, busy, busy lucky. I'm doing the SAL & Life is Beautiful too - slowly. Looking forward to seeing your cat table runner when you get to it. Tracee xx