Thursday, February 10, 2011

Whom The Quilt Tolls For

Another warm day here today and so I decided to start my neighbour's baby quilt. Their second baby (a boy) is due next month.

After helping and learning from Khris with the flood quilts, I thought I could do this and wasn't worried at all.

As the day went by and the quilt was taking shape, I thought........my first finished quilt is going to a family I am not related to. This had me saying to Pat before I was finished adding the boarders, this quilt was now going to be given to Ben & Amy instead.

So my first completed quilt is going to our grandson due in early June. Rightly so too.

This leaves me less than 4 weeks to replace the fabric for the baby next door. There is still another 5 pictures of this print.




Our kitchen table wasn't big enough to sandwich together and the floor was the next best place.

Cats were curious to see me down on my poor old knees. Harley was probably thinking ...sweet...a quilt for me.




All finished and quilted, just the binding to go. How about that!!! I have quilted my first quilt!!!




Ran out of blue spotty fabric so I did what a lot of quilters do, I improvised.



I stippled the quilt, very happy with the end result. I was amazed how easy I found stippling the quilt, as I have only done small items in the past.

Now I have to just find the right fabric for the binding. Can't wait to show the kids mrgreen. Who's a clever Nanna?????? ...hehehehe


You're only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

15 comments:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

I love the colours in the quilt Lucky. Making a quilt sandwich on the floor is no fun for the old knees is it? I'm sure your quilt will be cherished by the recipients.

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Beautiful!!

barb's creations said...

You are one very clever nanna...well done :) Barb.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Congratulations, Lucky, it is lovely, You should be very proud of your efforts. :)

Margarita said...

Very well done Leanne, you are a brave lady (or else I am not brave) stipling, still too scared to do it on just the sewing machine.

Donna said...

Very creative. This quilt is going to be the perfect background for your sure to be handsome grandson.

elliesue said...

You are the clever Nana Lucky, you did very well on all accounts. It is amazing what you can learn when you do it with friends isn't it?
Elaine

Renny's little things said...

pretty bloody cute i reckon. Well done Nanna

Heather said...

what a lovely baby quilt, you certainly are a clever 'nanny to be '
hope to see it in real life soon !
Luv............Heather

Vanilla Rose Home and Body Escentuals...Naturally said...

Thats a lovely quilt, Leanne. Do I recognise the Pears children in there? I love them. I'm sure that new grandbaby and proud parents witll be very proud of Nanna's quilt ... and rightly so. :))

wackywoman said...

It is an adorable quilt. Love it Leanne.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done....gorgeous fabrics chosen

Karen Mallory said...

What a cute quilt! I like stippling too. Khris is a great friend hey!
hugs Karen

Robyn said...

Very nice quilt you clever nanna! I'm still baulking at completing the quilting on my GS quilt but now the weather has cooled off a bit I have no excuse.

Sharon-NZ said...

Its awesome, great job