Monday, February 21, 2011

Finished Items.

Have you been busy lately? I have and now I can show you why. As you know I have my 6 coat hanger rule and some of my projects just needed finishing off.

That is why I have been so quiet on the craft, quilting and gardening forums. Goodness only knows how many blogs I need to catch up with on my Google Reader too.....lol

I've been hiding with my sewing machine. Hand binding flood relief quilts (photos soon) we made ten quilts. Not only learnt so much with the girls but I have felt a sense of pride in our work.

Back to what I have been busy with at home. I started a wall hanging back before August of last year. It was taken with me to Tuesday's sewing morning or to Friday's sewing day. I like to take a stitchery on those days.

For a while it was hanging finished on the coat hanger and I just had to wait on seeing my sister Debbie. She scored a beautiful wall hanger for me to use from a quilting shop in Burra. The hearts is what sold me on it.





All finished and now hangs on the wall in the lounge room.

The hanging sleeve I made, I had to get instructions from Debbie as there was none with the pattern. Not everyone knows what and how to hang a wall hanging and so those instructions would have been handy with the project in the magazine.

Then after all the quilts I have been making, it was time to take the step and finish off my Bennington quilt from the book, Schnibbles Time Two.




Finished hand binding the back this afternoon. I just love the Luna Notte range by Moda.

Just such a stunning colour range and so beautiful to sew with.



Backing fabric was a clearance one from Spotlight. Would have loved to use a fabric from the Luna Notte range..... but this was not to be. I do think the backing fabric I picked goes rather well with the Moda though.

All that is left of Amy & Ben's baby quilt is the binding to be hand sewn on the back.


I feel like I have joined a special group of people now. I usually say I sew craft items.... now I can say "I am a quilter" and I say this with pride.


You're only limited by your imagination.

The piglets have been on an adventure too. Their blog was updated this morning.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Wow, you have been busy, I do like your backing fabric, I know it's nice to have fabric from the same fabric story on the quilt back, but sometimes it can be very expensive, I try and look around Spotlight (like you did) and see what is there and will often get 3 or so metres especially for quilt backings. The little bird houses on the stitchery are so cute.

Maria said...

Well done with your two finishes.
Love the little wall hanging stitchery.

Karen's Korner said...

You have been busy. Lovely work

bon008 said...

Gosh, your quilts are just beautiful, so gorgeous. And the hanger matches so well! Well done, what a fabulous talent you have :)

antmee said...

your quilt turned out absolutely dreamy! Well done.