Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts

With the TV going in the background and the Eastern states in my thoughts, I have been stitching.

It's ironic that my life goes on with not a lot of change (how could someone not change after seeing the reports on TV) and I am listening to the softness of welcome rain on our roof, while my fellow country people suffer and loose so much, if not the ultimate price.

Last night I finished the first of Dawn & Vicki's BOM. I'm using a honey bun roll of Crazy 8's that I won last year.




Love how it all came together and the brightness of the block.





I won this book just after I started sewing back in 2008, now its time to step up to the plate and make a HUGGLE from this book. I've picked out a few from there and in a minute I am about to start cutting out fabric.

Tomorrow is sewing at Khris' place and I am hoping to be able to take what ever I get cut out today, over there and continue making them.

Already I have had positive feedback and quilters offering to make some softies for our HUGGLE drive. For this I thank you so very much.

You're only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Lucky, the block is lovely. I will have a look at the plushies site tonight.
Have watched the tv most of the day, but feel like crying so I wander off and do a few things, then go back again. Give Khris a BIG hug for me tomorrow, Ipswich is her hometown and mine. Can't believe how bad it is there. hugs, Sandy.

Lynette said...

I love the way your block of the month has turned out. I haven't begun this one yet.

I particularly like the crazy 8 fabrics.