Monday, December 6, 2010

Rural Jardin

I have been so busy of late that I haven't shown you my beautiful fabric that I ordered from Cotton Charm Quilts from the USA. How slack of me as I am sure you know how much I love Moda fabric....lol

I bought a half yard of 10 different pattern/colours in the French General range of Rural Jardin. Couple of the fabrics below I bought at Hettie's Patch as a reward for loosing 2 kilo in weight.




There is something about the colours and patterns in the French General range that just grabs me, every time I see it.



I mean how gorgeous is this fabric??? Also the feel of the Moda fabric is just so lovely to hold and stroke. Bit like your favourite animal I guess..............





Now I am thinking what will I do with this beautiful fabric? I'm making the Life Is Beautiful quilt. I'll take the stitchery blocks to Dawn's on a Tuesday and Khris' on a Friday. Something easy to tote around the place.

I have already completed 1 block and almost another.



Had to stitch the cat block first.....lol

I'm keeping with the blue and red theme of the fabrics, with blue being the main thread colour.




I'm using needle turn for the fabric applique. Needle turn I am finding isn't as scary as what it sounds like.

There is more show and tell on other items, but that'll have to wait for another day. Not enough hours in the day here......lol

You're only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Ooh, that fabric looks lovely, now I will have to check out that shop. I really like both of your blocks, colours are really nice.

Vicki ♥ said...

I am proud of you Leanne doing needleturn:) I love Rural Jardin too and good on you for loosing 2 ks! Thats great.