Friday, December 3, 2010

First Pieced Blocked


My very first pieced block for my first lap quilt. mrgreen

Well actually its really my second. eek First one I made I was so proud of it and sent a phone photo to Khris to show her and then promptly noticed I didn't do the bow tie right. The top left and bottom right squares weren't matching fabrics.

Here I was all choked up with emotion showing Pat and I didn't notice I had it a bit wrong. LOL.

Thanks goodness for those little unpicking thingos. .................ROTFL

Anyway all fixed and I'm just making the 1 block tonight. I'll make more over the weekend. Really pleased as I even managed to make it the right size too.

I'm thinking I'll match up the fabrics into the bow tie blocks and then sew them all up. That way the fabric will be correct and matching (we can hope) and then I won't get to the end and have made a huge mistake.

I'm using a charm pack of Moda "Luna Notte" through out the quilt. Plus some extra matching fabric all bought at Hettie's Patch.

Do you remember the first block you made for your first pieced quilt??? I'd love to hear from you if you can and want to share how long ago it was and how you felt. I like to think I'm not alone in feeling proud, excited and yeah a bit teary over it.


You're only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

3 comments:

Samelia's Mum said...

It looks great and your fabrics are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more :-)

PS Can't think of my first block :-s

Dawn said...

I rmember, it on my couch looks horid now but stil is one I can't part with...Just don't give this away and remember to label it love... well done... your doing so well... I am proud of you too.
hugs Dawn x x x

Chris H said...

YES! I made my first block about 3 years ago for a quilt for Griffin... I got the pattern off the internet... and YES, I was rather chuffed with myself!
Your block is cute as!