Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stop To Smell A Rose

At quilting today I was teaching myself to embroider a rose bullion. I used my trusty A to Z of bullions book.




The rose on the left as my first ever rose.... Dawn gave me some great tips on how to improve and the rose on the right was my second attempt.

Well that was the morning gone, though I did make 2 cuppas for us as well.

Came home and this afternoon I embroidered a rose on my wall hanger.


One rose later and I called it quits for the day. Said to Pat this will be a while in the making and by the end of it, I'll be able to embroider a rose with both hands tied behind my back.

Colours I chose suit the fabric colourway and the roses will replace the buttons that are on the patten.

I know each rose will be better than the last one, as its practice, practice and yep practice.

You're only limited by your imagination.

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

7 comments:

Dawn said...

yeah... one down sixty four to go...Lol
Hugs Dawn x x

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Looks good, Lucky. I wish I could do them. I guess it is a case of practice, practice...........
Isn't Dawn being cheeky? hehe. :-)

Liz said...

You are a very quick learner. they look great.

Shirlwin said...

Very pretty. I have looked at instructions of 'how to', but closed the page. Perhaps one day?

Vicki ♥ said...

OMG....sixty four? You can do it Leanne and your roses look great :)

clare's craftroom said...

Aren't you clever , they are so pretty !

antmee said...

Wow you did pretty good for a learner! Which my first (and last) bullion rose looked as good! My mum embroiders them beautifully and I have begged her to sew some on my projects but she has declined and told me to learn how to do them myself!! lol My sweet mumma!