Thursday, November 4, 2010

Adelaide Quilting Expo

Today I went to the Adelaide Quilting Expo and I had a ball with my Tuesday quilting buddies.

Saw so many beautiful fabric and the quilts on display were stunning. I voted for # 50 as I thought it was just beautiful.

There was a Dear Jane Quilt on display and OMG it is stunning and so I am now going to stick with the original colours I was doing. I took a photo of it and its my computer desk top photo and I am going to print it off and stick the photo in my sewing room. Just stunning.

I didn't go over board with the spending and this helps with not having a credit card. Saw a couple of patterns I want and will order them when I have gotten past Christmas.




Bought 3 fat 1/4's and shock they were all blue. I don't have a lot of blue fabric and thought I'd go for them today.





Love lacy butterflies and such. I can't find them in Adelaide and this time round I bought these tiny butterflies. Four in a pack for $1.50.

I told the man who runs this stall how much I have been plugging them with my friends to go and see his stall. So he gave me a retractable tape measure as a thank you. So here is a free plug for him...... check them out.



I wanted a couple of buttons for the bareroots sewing tote that I want to make next year, the pig and bird house is for that tote. Little cow is for my sister Debbie, who couldn't make the expo this year as her daughter is getting married this Saturday. Thought I'd surprise Deb with a little button.

One of my highlights of the day was I met Linda Haigh who designed this RicRac & Roses cushion I felling in love with and made. To be able to tell her how much I loved the cushion I made and to thank for for her designs was such a buzz. Here is Linda's website too, have a look as she's amazing.

Gosh what a FAB TAB of a day I had.......better now go and feed myself and Pat.


You're only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Lucky, I was thinking of you and the other SA girls yesterday at the quilting show. Like you, I don't have a lot of blue fabric, I had to buy some this week for a lining. I also got some cute animal buttons when I went to the craft fair here early this year. I don't have a credit card either (DH has a debit card for our holidays & such) so it helps keep me in line. :-) It would be sooo easy to go crazy amongst all of those goodies. Sounds like you had an abfab time!!!!

Karen's Korner said...

Sounds like an ideal day to me. Glad you and the girls had a grea time.

Karen Mallory said...

Fun stuff Leanne! I love those tiny lace butterflies. Glad you and Khris and buddies had a great time.
hugs Karen