Thursday, August 12, 2010

UFOs

The last week and a half I have been struggling with a cold/flu that has now become a chest infection. On top of this Pat has also has come down with it and so we are not doing a lot and just taking it day by day.

I thought I'd show you a few of my UFO's that have been teasing me as I bark and cough around my sewing room.




On Tuesday's sewing morning I like to take a stitchery with me as its easier to transport. Some weeks I don't have anything on the go and so I started this wall hanger. I have used Moda "Aster Manor" for the borders.

Hoping there is enough of the stitchery done for you to see what its going to look like.




This "Breast Of Friends" block was started in May after Amy & Ben were married. Has to be the longest time spent on any of the blocks I have done so far. Actually Deb is finding time hasn't been kind to her either with this block. The frame for this block will be done in green.




I was on such a roll with my dream bag, now its come to a grinding holt again. confused Pat kindly held up the UFO's outside for the natural light to show off the colours.




Back of the bag. Still have to put the pellon on the from and back, cut the lining out and also make those pockets.


Yesterday afternoon I curled up and sewed the snouts and eyes on 7 little piglets. Last night I stitched the 3 rows of shoes and finished off the hair on the lady in my Breast Of Friends block.

This morning I have cut out the fabric for this months hexi.

A little bit each day is helping me get over the craving for a whole day in my sewing room.

You're only limited by your imagination


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Like the things you've been working on. The bag will look great when finished.

Renny's little things said...

Take it easy and look after yourself and Pat. Think you sent it this way Isaac and I have the flu too. I don't mind so much but Poor little fella is not coping too well.
Hope every one is better soon.
What is the cut off for the softies? I really wanted to help but I don't know if I can get them to you before the end of August....

Take care
XX Geniene

Karen's Korner said...

Looks like you have a few UFO's to keep you occupied during the recovery process. Hope you are both better soon.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls:)

I like the idea of sewing and not moving far from my lounge chair.

angela said...

They look great, I hope you and Pa feel better soon

Quiltin' Sandy said...

You have put me to shame, Lucky, with all you have done, and I'm not even sick!!!
That bag is going to be bewdiful!!!!!! ;-)