Thursday, August 26, 2010

Starting Over

For a while now I haven't been happy with my Dear Jane. I have decided to start over as I have only made about 9 or so blocks.

When I started the Dear Jane I wasn't aware of all the beautiful fabric out in the quilting world. Now I know differently, some questions started to rise.

  • Quality of the background fabric I had chosen.
  • Colour of the background fabric
  • Theme of the other I use with the background fabric
So after some soul searching and putting questions to other quilters, I have chosen the following.





Green fabric will be the main colour, I did see a DJ quilt in blues and it was stunning, but when I popped all my greens together, I thought wow!!!!




My background fabric is from Hettie's Patch and its a better quality to what I was using....homespun from Spotlight. If you look close enough there is a leaf print on the fabric.


Now some other show and tell......


Pat thinks the house is becoming over run with pigs. he should be just grateful I can't have a real one in the backyard......lol




Isn't this little pig just the cutest??? Kerrie from the Friday sewing group gave him to me. I love him and he seems to be moving from door handle to door handle in the kitchen. Kerrie has been making these for years. I feel so special having him in my kitchen.




This cushion cover has come to a halt until payday. I don't have the right coloured ricrac for the embellishment part of the front.

That is about it today from my sewing room......

You're only limited by your imagination


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

You've been busy again Leanne, I do like the heart on the cushion cover. With the Dear Jane fabric you only need a little bit (as you probably know by now) a fat eighth is plenty, sometimes you can even squeeze a block from a charm square, so it makes it easy to collect small bits of fabric for it.

Donna said...

The pillow is lovely. Those pigs would become cat toys at my house -bet they are content at yours. Happy quilting!

clare's craftroom said...

Love the colour for your new blocks and of course your new little pig !

sandra said...

I think your new colours are just right. But then I love green!
Love the pig!