Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Softies Have Started


First softy from me was made this afternoon, a little pink gingham pig.

After tea tonight I picked out some fabric and popped some iron on interfacing on to the back of the fabric. Tomorrow I'll cut out the piglet bodies and their ears & snouts. Then I can sew them all in one sitting and stuff them watching TV at night.

I've picked a commando fabric and a chocolate star fabric for a little boy. That will be 8 little piglets for the hospital and a great start for me.

Found picking out fabric for little kids a bit hard. Not much in the way of boy's fabric. The two greens I picked will be okay for a boy (I hope).

Now my room.........confused






I have closed it off from the cats and as you can see, it's a mess. Just have no energy left to fold and pack away fabrics I had pulled out and thrown around the room.

As Scarlett O'Hara would say, " Tomorrow is another day"...... To quote Rhett Butler..."Frankly I don't give a damn".

I am sure the cats will find other things to get into, while Pat and I try not to out cough and bark each other in bed tonight.

You're only limited by your imagination

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Well done a little sister for Percy and petunia, but your adopting her out... so swet of you... she will be well loved...LOL.
Hugs Dawn x x x

angela said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon. the piglets will be so cute.
take care

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Your sewing room looks pretty tidy to me, mine has fabric everywhere, layers upon layers. Your little pig looks very cute, I'm sure your fabric selection will be appreciated no matter what.