Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and what a day I had.

I woke to breakfast in bed and 4 jonquils flowers from Pat.

I spent the morning with my sewing sisters and what a wonderful morning it was.

Birthday cake from them, fresh sponge with whipped cream. And presents.

Presents are wonderful and who doesn't like presents????




Judy gave me a Moda charm pack of "Botany" and this gorgeous fabric . This fabric is one of the yummy fabrics she brought back from America when she went over on a quilting tour. When I saw the little cats and darling duck fabric I fell in love with it. Who would believe that months later it would be mine.





Heather gave me 4 DMC skeins and a beautiful peice of fabric with chooks on it. My next bag I want to make is a chook bag...... so guess where this will be used???



Dawn and her family gave me the above goodies. How amazing is that chocolate??? My favourite block of choccie too. I have often looked at those handles for a bag and now I have a set. More pretty DMC threads, these ones are variegated. Plus a photo album for my quilts and projects.

Thank you so much girls for all your hugs, gifts and a wonderful morning.




From the birthday club on the sewing forum I was sent this unusual needle book. I love the daisies on the front and one day I so hope to be able to do ribbon embroidery.

Check out the inside!!!




How cool is this??? It can open from both side.




I have never seen one of these before and I can't work out how it is made.

Love it!! Thank you to all the girls on the forum for my birthday wishes.

I was shown how to make those little hexagons and they are going to be so much fun to make. I can feel a hexi addiction coming on.......lol


From my sister Deb I was given the following 2 gifts.




A cute little bag that folds up and is secured with a ring. Check out the fabric......more chooks.



Plus a beautiful Christmas wall hanger.

Thanks Deb, I love them heaps.



My day didn't end there either.

Once Pat picked me up from Dawn's, I was taken out for lunch by Pat and then into the city for some shopping at the Central Market.

Home by 5.50 in the evening and for tea, a light meal from our kitchen. I was so tired and by this time the phone was ringing with birthday wishes from my brothers and sister. Lots of birthday wishes on Face Book......


Not bad for an old chook of 13.........hehehe

You're only limited by your imagination



Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

9 comments:

Robyn said...

What lovely gifts!

antmee said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Maria said...

Happy Belated birthday, you sure were avery lucky lady receiving so many wonderful presents.

Debbie said...

Wishing you many happy returns for yesterday and what great gifts

Liz said...

You have some lovely friends. the presents are lovely. I like the bag from Deb. Enjoy working with all your new materials.

Karen's Korner said...

Sounds like the ideal way to spend a birthday.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

WoW Lucky, what a lovely birthday, and some fab pressies. So nice after you both being sick, too. Good things come to those who wait!!! Hugs, sandy.

sandra said...

happy birthday, sounds like the perfect day to me.

Chris H said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.