Monday, July 26, 2010

Making A Child Feel Good.


Today Pat went to our local hospital to have a pile of blood taken for a battery of tests. Sitting there with our number and waiting to be called in, I noticed a poster.

Asking for knitters to knit up some little teddies for small children who have to have blood taken. Nothing like a new toy to cuddle after having a needle in your arm and have blood taken. It can be a scary time for a small child.

Pat & I were very lucky with our 2 children, only sprains, broken body parts and stitches....no blood test. Well sort of lucky!!

It had me thinking and as we left I chatted with a nurse and she was more than happy to have me make some toys out of fabric.

So at the end of August I am planning on taking in some softies I have made....even a couple of "Percy's". This will give the children a choice of a knitted teddy or a fabric toy.

Think of the smile you can bring to a child's face and the relief to a parent's heart when their little son or daughter has something else to think about.

Would you like to make 1 or 2 for your local hospital in August or do you want to help me???

Let me know if you'd love to help me with my local hospital and I'll email you my address for where the toy can be sent.

I'm not very clever with side buttons, so I have a photo of Percy with a bit of a spill underneath. You are most welcome to pop the photo on your side bar, if you are making a soft toy.

Thanks for listening.......

You're only limited by your imagination



Technorati technorati tags: , ,

5 comments:

Liz said...

A great idea.DS still has "Basil" from his stay in hospital 11 years ago.!!!

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Hi Lucky, I have a couple of softies already made that need a good home.

Jude said...

will make a teddy or two and give to you for the hospital. See you tuesday

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Pip & Jude.:)

Oh that is a great story Liz:D

Khris said...

Hey miss lucky ducky....I have a couple more softies to give you. Hopefully will catch up with you on Friday...hugs Khris