Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Afternoon

After doing a few cleaning jobs this morning around the house, the day was mine for sewing.

I took over the rumpus room and have been there all afternoon. I've had a grand time catching up on a swap that was due at the end of last month.




I just love the whole idea of having my very own sewing cabinet. One thing I noticed right away with it is, I am not hitting my knees on any part of the cabinet. I was forever knocking my knees, even with the draws closed on the student desk.



The back table is so wonderful, as I don't have to remove my sewing machine when I need an area to work on, where fabric is to be placed. Biggest problem was stopping Millie, from skipping over the cabinet table and spreading the 1.5 inch squares for my dream bag lol all over the floor.

I'm using a charm pack of Moda "Legacy" for the checkerboard part on my dream bag.

You're only limited by your imagination


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

Debs said...

For someone who hasn't been sewing for long and has been making lots of fantastic things in such a short time, imagine what you will create now you have your sewing table.

Karen's Korner said...

Looks like you are well set up with your new table. Happy sewing.

Margarita said...

Gosh that looks wonderfully tidy Leanne, you should see mine, I have that area at the back too, and it is chocka.

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

I'm a bit like you Leanne, I like to have all the "other jobs" in the house done and then I can spend the rest of the day sewing, and not have to worry about stopping for something that needs to be done.