Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Special Gift

Patrick's dad is staying with us for a couple of weeks as this weekend Amy gets married.

Yesterday we were out and about and while at Spotlight, he was listening to me look at a sewing cabinet with 20% off.


I was knocked over when Pa said he'd buy it for me. Last year while visiting, he wanted to buy me a laptop and I wouldn't let him. So after a yes and no haggle over it, I relented as it was so much cheaper than a laptop.

So lets take a look at this most amazing gift from a gentle 88 year young man who has flown on his own from Sydney to see his first grandchild's wedding.






Love the colour of the outside and it comes with a key. Very compact and now "Millie" can't pull the thread out of the needle on the sewing machine.





I'm sure the area for goodies will change as I use it the cabinet and find where I like to have things in close reach. Lucky along with the other cats have been inspecting it heaps while open.


But there is more........


I also have work space at the back of the machine too. Love that idea heaps.

Now when its summer time and the sewing room is to hot to use, I can push out the cabinet into the cooler rooms. No more taking over the kitchen table.

I feel so lucky to have been given such a useful and amazing gift.

You're only limited by your imagination

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

8 comments:

miss~nance said...

That is a fabulous gift and one that I am sure you get many, many hours of pleasure from.

Gail

Michell said...

Lucky lucky you.....I love it

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Lucky you, Lucky. I'm sure you will get great pleasure from using it and deciding where to store things in it.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

lovely gift Lucky, I am sure you will think of Pa and his kindness every time you use your cabinet. :-)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls:)

clare's craftroom said...

What a lovely kind man ! It is a lovely gift .

Joy said...

What a kind and wonderful gift, oooh you are a lucky chook :o)!! Bless your Pa ... such a thoughtful man.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Margarita said...

It is lovely Leanne, i am sure you will get lets of joy out of it.