Monday, March 8, 2010

Time For Tea

Growing up in the outback, we didn't get a lot of visitors and when we did, we always had cake on a plate with cups & saucers for drinking our tea from.

I have taken after my mum and I so love a cuppa in a china cup with the saucer underneath to rest a biscuit or a teaspoon on.

This table runner was started while Pat was sick before he went into hospital. Not much was done while he was in hospital and so yesterday and this morning, I finished it off.





I adapted "Time For Tea" by Michelle Ridgway's pattern from Handmade Vol 26 No. 5 to fit my kitchen table. The fabric was bought last November at the Craft & Quilting Fair.



So proud of how far my stitchery has come in just over 12 months. I loved the idea of mixing fabric and stitchery together in the table runner.




Close up of the table runner.




Not the best photo but I must say this has in my books been the best binding/corners I have done in any of my projects. Just so thrilled with the finished look.

Thrilled to think this is only my second table runner I have ever made. Even more thrilled to think I am not sending it to anyone and I will be able to enjoy this one myself. lol

I can't wait to show the girls tomorrow at sewing.



Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

8 comments:

Jude said...

The table runner looks good, glad you are bringing it tomorrow.

Khris said...

Lucky you have a done a terrific job...its looks great..hugs Khris

clare's craftroom said...

Wow Lucky I love it !Bonus that you get to keep it .

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Lucky, it is very pretty, you should be so proud of yourself!!! ;-)

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

I like the teacup stitcheries Lucky, it's nice to make something for yourself.

sandra said...

Your runner is great Lucky. I also remember the lovely cups & saucers and cakes on a plate. I don't drink tea as a rule but there is just something lovely about drinking it from a 'proper'
cup & saucer.

mandapanda said...

It looks great! I love it, and your fabric choice is beautiful!!

Narelle said...

Dear Lucky, That table runner is just beautiful and the stitching is just grand you are doing better that i am at the moment. You are doing alot of sewing.
Big Hugs
Narelle