Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baseco Bag

I read a lot of blogs and either subscribe or follow so many, its like reading the newspaper some mornings while I eat my toast and drink my cup of tea.

One of the most enjoyable posts I have been reading is about the "Baseco Bag" that Dawn has designed and is selling on her Etsy site or through her blog. So many bags are popping up on blogs and in so many different colours too.

Someone beat me to it and paid for my PDF to be sent to me via my email. I was going to give Dawn the money on Tuesday when we met next.

Thank you to the lovely person who was kind enough to not only help the people of Baseco, but bring a much needed smile to my face after the scare I had with Pat.

I've finished mine and here my bag is.





I actually cut into a packet on Moda charm pack. eek Using the "Glace" by 3 Sisters. Very happy with the end result and there is so much room in the bag.

The flower stitchery is a little bit different to what Dawn had on the pattern. Still learning to satin stitch and so I left this part out as I need more practice.

This bag is the biggest item I have stippled and boy was it a challenge not to sew the gathered fabric as I whizzed around stippling.

This won't be the only bag I'll be making. I want to make a green one...... all green.

If you haven't popped over to Dawn's blog, please do so. It'll only cost you $4.00 and the pattern is emailed to you within 24 hours. You'll be helping a place in Manila who's people are so poor, that they live on a rubbish dump.


Dawn has proven this quote I use Your only limited by your imagination. She has stepped up to the plate and said I can do my part to help these people from my own home. I am very honored to call her my friend and help her by spreading the word.

Also to the person who paid for my pattern, your good deed is also rewarded. This coming Tuesday I am going to give Dawn $4.00 for another pattern and have this sent to my sister Debbie.

Remember....Your only limited by your imagination.



Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

7 comments:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

I got my pattern a couple of days ago, and I need to do have a wee break from Dear Jane so I'll probably start this weekend. Your bag looks nice, I've seen quite a few around now.
take care

Jude said...

Well done lucky it looks great. What stitch did you use for the stitchery because I cant quite see from your picture.

Tozz said...

Your bag looks fabulous Leanne :) I have loved using mine and it is so easy to use and has lots of room in it :)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls:)

Judy I used DMC 4056 for the embroidery. Seemed to have all the material colours in the skein.

bon008 said...

Sounds like a lovely bag for a good cause :)

By the way, your quote should say "you're only limited", not "your only limited" :)

Khris said...

awesome Lucky...love it..hugs Khris

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Khris.

Please also note the correction to Bon....lol

Hugs