Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Placemat Swap #1

I've joined a 7 month swap that will at the end result in 6 placemats by 6 different people and a table runner by the seventh person. I'm really excited about this swap as it gives me a chance to try out new themes and styles of sewing.

The first month was a down the list swap.




My first placemat swap was for Margarita and she wanted curved corners, any colour but white or a light colour. So I had free range on creating Margarita's placemat. I used a medallion pattern from a book I won and went wild with the colours.





This placemat is from Trish who thrilled me with a windmill and tank. Having grown up in the outback, this placemat has even more meaning for me.

The theme I have asked to have is "country" and green.

Your only limited by your imagination.

P.S. Nearly time to show Percy's sister all grown and ready to tour the world like her older brother. I'll announce her name next Tuesday along with some photos. Her first trip will be to our sewing group. If you haven't voted you can pop over to Percy's blog and help pick out her name.
mrgreen



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

bon008 said...

Love the windmill placemat! I don't think I'd be able to risk getting stains on that.. maybe hang it on the wall :D

Lucky-1 said...

Snap, that is what I am going to do.:D

Debbie said...

Wow I love both those placemats