Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A-3 Hunters' Moon

Finished another block in my Dear Jane quilt. This one is A-1 Hunters Moon. What I really enjoyed about this one was the needle turn I was able to do. Getting better at this form of hand sewing and if you look close enough, the stitches are harder to see against the coloured fabric.





In Breast of Friends, block 4 uses needle turn and I am looking forward to using my new skill on this block as well.

Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

10 comments:

sandra said...

that is a gorgeous block Lucky. I am very impressed.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Sandra. I am so enjoying this quilt. Just taking my time with it.

Dawn said...

Well done Lucky your zooming along

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Dawn. I love these blocks.

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Going well Lucky, it is interesting to see the different ways people construct their blocks. My hand sewing and needle turn are getting better too.
take care

Karen's Korner said...

I am so impressed with your sewing. I have been sewing all my life and nowhere near up to trying all these different techniques. Well done.

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Karen:) I am tackling my sewing like my knitting.... I like it, I want it....I make it...lol

Pip I am please to read your getting better with needle turn as well:)

clare's craftroom said...

Clever , clever girl !

Tozz said...

You are going great guns Leanne and you are very inspiring too. I have found a few more fabrics for my DJ blocks and looking at your completed blocks inspire me to get to mine and do some more. Love the fabrics you are using also.

Gloria said...

Very nice job Lucky,It's beautiful!