Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Breast Of friends Block 2




I am very please to show you the second block in the series of the Breast Of Friends.

If you know this block you'll be able to see a few changes in it. I have changed the following.

  • The pom pom on the second ladies hat is 2 strands of dark green and 2 strands of light green DMC. I used the colonial stitch for the pom pom. I didn't want to use a real pom pom.

  • Necklace on the first lady is DMC thread with colonial knots again. I didn't want to use beads.

  • Also the 3rd lady has red hair and not yellow tones, due to my background fabric.

I used 1 strand for the blanket stitch and all stitchery but the hair, this was 2 strands to give it a fuller look.

Debbie and I are now ready to move forward. I am going to look at block 3 and tomorrow I hope to be able to start picking my fabric and start the applique side of the block.


Your only limited by your imagination.



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,


3 comments:

Dawn said...

... well done for having the courage to change some of the details....It look FABULOUS..
Hugs Dawn x x x

bon008 said...

It's just beautiful, well done! :)

Debs said...

We sure are ready to move forward Lucky. You are doing some beautiful work. You should be proud.