Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stippling

After a wonderful Melbourne Cup luncheon combined with sewing at our Tuesday sewing group, I came home and practiced my stippling.

I want to stipple these head rest covers on the outside boarder. So I need to practice more and then as I stipple more, it'll also improve.







These are the pieces I did last night. I did some circles to try and get the evenness on the back sorted out.

Those 10 kilo bread bags are great for this idea and to work out the button size I am after, when I need a button hole. Also my sister Sue, gave me some old cottons to use when practicing a stitch, saves using the good ones. Thanks Sis, your a clever Sis.





The back. As you can see I am still not 99% good at it. I feel I am not doing the curve areas smooth enough yet. I am hoping this will improve with time.

I don't think the cats will mind the back of the covers not being as purr-fect as they could be.


Your only limited by your imagination.


Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Home of Creative Treasures said...

Your welcome Sis! I was thinking about the tension on your machine when stippling. Have you tried to tighten the top tension slightly to see if that helps pull the stitches tighter underneath the fabric. They do look as if there is quite a bit of loose thread on those curves?

You are going great guns with your sewing! :D

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Sue, I actually rang her about my problem....food for thought from our talk:D

Karen's Korner said...

You are streets ahead of me with stippling. I have tried a couple of times with no where near the success you are having. Not that I am an expert but I also think that the underneath is a tension problem. Well done and keep up the good work.